Beating postnatal depression
The Angela Harrison Charitable Trust is a registered charity which aims to help women and their families by raising awareness and providing information about postnatal depression/illness.
This conditon is often referred to as “The Silent Epidemic” with many new mums feeling guilty that they can’t cope with their new baby. No one needs to Suffer in Silence… help is at hand. Your GP and Health Visitor are very understanding of this treatable and common illness.
Support groups in Cornwall
We have been working closely with Pentreath an award winning mental health charitable organisation to recruit, train and support volunteers who have been running a fabulously successful support group at the Children’s Centre in Falmouth.
This group has now come to an end. From the Angela Harrison Charitable Trust we want to say a big thank you to the volunteers who committed valuable time and energy in setting up and maintaining these support groups to help and inspire the mums involved.
On 14th July 2005, Angela Harrison took her own life at the tragically young age of 31, four months after the birth of her daughter Sophie. Angela had been suffering from a severe form of postnatal depression.
Angela worked as a Medical Secretary at Perranporth Surgery and lived in Newquay with her husband of 12 years Anthony. She was a bright, vivacious, fun loving young woman ecstatic about the arrival of their first and much wanted child but following the birth of Sophie, on 9th March 2005, Angela became depressed and went on to develop puerperal psychosis.
News and Events
- May 30, 2019 Mothers on the edge
- March 2019
- Jan 9, 2019 The Perinatal Team are expanding!
- Oct 4, 2018 Exter MBU Update
- Aug 8, 2018 Exciting MBU news!
- Jun 6, 2018 Exciting news for WILD - Young Parents' Project
- May 2018
- January 2018
- Dec 5, 2016 Exciting Times for the Perinatal Team
- Nov 7, 2016 ‘Sour Milk’: Farah Hughes Photography
- October 2016
- Jul 1, 2016 Annual General Meeting
- Jun 21, 2016 National Expert Visits Cornwall
- November 2015
- Oct 7, 2015 Our 10th Anniversary – “TIN”
- Oct 6, 2015 Educational events for health professionals in Cornwall